Upcoming road closure
Plumpton Road, Horsham (south of Caltex) will be closed to all traffic from Golf Course Rd to River Rd from 7.00am until 5.00pm, on Tuesday 21 to Friday 24 November.
These works are necessary to widen the road for better access near the Caltex entry and exit.
Carparks near Capital Motel, Hamilton St Horsham
Due to recent road pavement failures the on-street parallel carparks near the Capital Motel in Hamilton St will be closed to carry out some remedial works.
The carpark closure will remain in place until further notice.
Enquiries to Council 03 5382 9777
Projects and associated works that are underway by HRCC Staff and Contractors in Public areas from Friday 17th November 2017. Please note these works may change, subject to weather conditions.
- Footpath Repairs- multiple locations, short term works- Signage in place
- Road Pothole repairs – multiple locations, short term works – Signage in place
- Harders Street Road widening – Part of Southbank Stage 1
- Jenkinson Avenue – Kerb Channel and Road Construction Stage 3
- Drainage works various locations
Parks and Gardens:
- Event Planning
- Fire Hazard Mowing
- City Centre Mulching
- Roadside mowing program
- City Centre gardens revamp
- River frontage mowing
- Tree planting Hamilton Street subdivision
- Cricket Wicket Preparation
- Christmas decorations
- Irrigation Maintenance
- Freight Terminal Road – Johnson Asashi Entrance Works
- Shoulder re-sheet- Jalumba- Mockinya
- Rural road pothole repairs- multiple locations, short term works – signage in place
- Tree removals – Quantong Cemetery Road – signage in place
- Polkemmet Road and Quantong Cemetery Road Intersection asphalt sealing works – close to completion, weather permitting.
- Reconstruction Clear Lake Sherwoods Dam Road. Signage in place
- Major culvert replacement – Wyn Wyn Road
- Stabilising patches for VicRoads – Natimuk Hamilton Road – Kalkee Road
- Replace damaged culverts – various rural roads
- Reconstruction of Telangatuk East Rocklands Road, affecting approximately 800m of road from the Wilsons Road intersection.
- New Longerenong Road construction
- Dadswell Bridge/Wonwondah Road Construction
The following are Horsham subdivisional streets that are being constructed by private developers, and in the near future will become publically accessible –
- Southbank – Stage 11 continuation of McLean Drive and Seater Close.
- The Wimmera Walk subdivision – building the streets of Hamilton and MacBain Streets.
- Colonial Water - Stage 4 – Plozzas Road Lots
- Mackies Road Subdivision – Construction of Mackies Road