RECEIVING YOUR BIN:
Council is pleased to be able to distribute a standard 240 litre bin to each property requesting a service on the established Rural and Urban collection routes. An alternate 120 litre bin is available on request. The charge for this collection is set by Council and is for the clearance of one (1) bin per week. If additional bins are required, these will be charged at the same rate.
- Each bin has a serial number, and this number is recorded against your property at the Council Offices to enable tracing in the event of theft or loss.
- The bin is not transferable and must remain at the property in the event of you moving or relocating to another address.
- Please refrain from numbering or defecting the bin (if you find it necessary, a small identification sticker could be placed inside the lid).
- In the event of loss, damage, theft, defect or any concerns with the service, please contact the Municipal Depot on 5382 9600. Please note that charges will apply if the bin is deliberately damaged or stolen unless satisfactory explanation is given by the ratepayer.
- The bin remains the property of the HRCC and minor maintenance will be carried out on request.
STORAGE AND CARE:
The bin should be stored in a shady area in your property, on a flat surface and should be kept clean.
Please return the bin to your property after collection as soon as possible. Bins should be left on the nature-strip or road shoulder, near your driveway for collection purposes only.
- Deliberate damage or theft in bins may result in Council not re-issuing units to particular premises and discontinuing the service or taking legal action.
- In rural areas where the household may be a considerable distance from the road, its may be to your advantage to leave the bin near your entrance and only place it out for collection on collection days.
- Regular washing of your bin will keep it fresh and it is recommended especially during the warmer periods.
USE OF YOUR BIN:
The bin may be used for small "handyman" and gardens wastes, as well as normal household and kitchen wastes; however, it should not be overloaded or used for disposal of recyclables.
Bin lid must be closed.
- Wrap in paper all waste which decomposes, or place it in tied plastic bags.
DO NOT overload the bin. It will be difficult for it to move or lift. Overloaded bins WILL NOT be cleared (50kg max). Bricks, masonary, soil, dirt or steel MUST NOT be placed in bin. Bins containing this waste will not be cleared.
- DO NOT compress the rubbish or prevent the closure of the fly proof lid. If rubbish is compressed it will not clear in the collection hopper.
- DO NOT place hot liquids or ashes, solvents, paint oil or any other flammable or aggressive chemicals in bin. Liquids or offensive materials or chemical drums must not be disposed of by this service.
- Grass liquids should be placed in the bin prior to collection day. The ferment in warm weather and of placed at bottom of bin; they may not clear during collection.
- Regular cleaning of the inside of the bin is best achieved by using soapy water and an old broom.
- It is unlikely that you will have more than one (1) bin full, but if you do, you should save some for the following week. Separate plastic bags, boxes etc, CAN NOT be collected. If more than one (1) bin is required, please contact Council and a second garbage charge to your property and second bin can be arranged.
COLLECTION VEHICLES REQUIRE:
Bin to be placed clear of obstacles on nature strip or road shoulder about in line with guideposts with "handles to house". If possible, place your bin near your neighbours.
Recyclable materials such as papers, glass and cans should be kept separately in recycle bin. If a recycle bin is needed, please contact the Municipal Depot on 5382 9600. Please recycle as much waste as possible.
Back to top