Council has a program of routine and response maintenance to ensure the road infrastructure is kept in reasonable condition providing a safe level of comfort for the users.
Road maintenance tasks include:
- Pothole and edge repair patching of damaged sealed surfaces, and filling of potholes on gravel roads.
- Unsealed road and gravel shoulders grading and six monthly inspections.
- Repairs to broken up road surfaces and seal edges.
- Resurfacing of roads and car parks surfaces listing in the annual resurfacing program.
- Repair of damaged or faded signs and other road furniture including guard rails.
- Repairs to footpaths, kerbs and channel and damaged nature strips.
- Collection of roadside litter, and the cleaning of rubbish bins in parks and reserves.
- Line marking maintenance and renewal when found, or reported to be in poor condition.
- Cleaning of blocked underground drains and pits.
- Repairs to car park furniture.
- Repairs to drainage pits, underground drains, major culverts and bridges.
Any requests for maintenance work on the road system, enquiries regarding maintenance works and program, or to report damage to Council signs and Council roads should be directed to Council's Operations Unit on telephone (03) 5382 9600.
Back to top